Do join Jen and the others for insightful ponderings on other things!
1. First day at the pool!!!! The kids were dying to go and I was dying to get out of there! Okay, it wasn’t that bad, but its early in the season, and everyone isn’t signed up for astronomy camp and bouncing camp and fine Prussian art of the 16th century camp yet, so it was a little on the packed side, which means there were too many 15 year olds in itty bitty bikinis and two year olds in my kiddie pool. After an hour and a half of walking around behind Lilly with my hands just about around her waist and holding her hand as she’d walk around the outside of the pool and THEN decide all of a sudden to walk in, I decided the little kids were EXAUSTED and that we should call it a night. After many promises of going in the near future, we were on our way. All in all, it was a success.
2. I’m going camping this weekend. Pray for me. I’m not the most outdoorsy kinda girl (I survived this two years ago when preggers with Lilly), and we’ve got cicadageddon going on in the trees in these here parts, so it should be interesting. I’ll be sure to fill you in on the gory details (or not. I reserve the right not to.)
3. Have you ever noticed that the minute you decide to cut back on something, it suddenly becomes taboo and its all you can think about? I hate that. I decided to seriously cut back on my screentime and that’s going so well that I decided to….okay, fine, its not going well. I’ll recommit tomorrow. Again.
4. Okay, the Vampire at the blood drive Geico commercial is creepily amusing.
5. School is almost over!!! I cannot wait. I’m also secretly freaking out that its going to be crazy tough having everyone home all the time. For us, this is where they belong, though. Routine, that will help. I hope……
6. Running out of ideas and steam…need to get my water and go to sleep….haven’t gotten much of that lately……
7. So– my lost phone? Turns out we’re able to upgrade. SCORE! Here’s hoping I can pick something up tomorrow!
Have a great evening, everyone!!!