Joining Jen and the gang at Conversion Diary, as per request……
I’ll be running through with random thought throughout the day. think of it as a mini “Day in the Life”…..
1. What is the proper way to cut a cantaloupe? i can cut a mean pineapple and a super nice mango, but i can’t cut a cantelope without it taking twenty five minutes or messing up half the kitchen. anybody?
2. While trying to have a stern discussion with a child just now that I am quite certain that I haven’t named any of my children “stupid butthead” and therefore should never hear of any of them being called such, I heard a distinctive drip, drip, drip coming from the living room. As you may well know, there should NEVER be a distinctive drip, drip, drip sound coming from a living room. After a little investigation, I realized that someone had poured their drink over the keys to the piano and it was dripping out the bottom onto the carpet.
That is why we don’t buy anything we can’t stand to see destroyed. It is also why I’m glad we have a free hand me down piano that I don’t care about.
3. I beginning to think that St. Anthony has alterior motives. Like this stinking piece of paper I can’t find. I’m thinking he’s saying to me, “Yes, my child, I’d be happy to help you. Its in the office. However, you’re going to have to clean up the hot mess that it is in there, because I’m going to make sure that the VERY LAST PEICE OF PAPER you touch is the one you’re looking for. And don’t forget to feed my poor. :)”
I think he’s still waiting for me to make good on a big promise I made to him eight years ago on the day of Katie’s baptism when I couldn’t find our Christening gown. I need to set up an installment plan with him.
4. I am seriously considering renaming my two youngest “Adam and Eve” because they are quite often running around the house totally naked and completely unashamed.
5. Why I love six year old boys: Will just explained his idea for a fart-powered jet pack fueled by bean burritos.
aaaaaaand my readership just dropped by half.
6. Have you ever read Skippy John Jones?? You absolutely must, blog-a-reader-rito!! Its a laugh a minute, and your kids will love you for reading it with an authentic Spanish accent. Or as bad a fake Spanish accent you can muster, amigo.
7. Okay, your turn! (shameless beg for comments, wink, wink)– what types of posts would you like to see here? Any favorites in the past you’d like to see me do again (another day-in-the-life, anyone?)?
Have a great weekend, everyone. Its gonna be busy at the nuthouse, as usual!