Joining Jen and the crew at Conversion Diary!
Okay. I will attempt to make it through this post without whining about the cold, but I maka no promises.
1. Damn its cold…. sorry….
2. Lilly has taken it upon herself to potty train which nine times out of ten is a thing of awesomeness. She does cute things like answer the question, “are you a big girl?” with “I big girl!” or “do you wear underwear?” with “I wear underwears!” (all littles in this house think this word is plural- I never understood it.)
The downside? She prefers to run around naked as the day she was born. Except on that day, she let us wrap her in swaddling clothes. Now, she’s dancing on tabletops and I’m praying this make for a funny story to tell at the convent because anything other than a religious vocation might lead to a life that will make me grow old before my time.
3. Lilly has taken to screaming at such a pitch and fervor when she’s slightly upset that the resident work-at-home dad is vedyveryvedy close to adding “able to work coherently whilst in a drunken stupor” to his skill set on his resume. The resident stay at home mom made that update several children ago.
4. Before you get all jealous of me because my two year old has taken it upon herself to be an upstanding (albeit, naked) member of society, please realize she hasn’t met a roll of toilet paper that she isn’t thrilled to unroll. If anyone has any ideas on how to curtail this ever so much fun phase that requires minimal work on my part, I’d be grateful to hear it.
5. Not sure when this started, but at some point, I think Ben found change and we said to him, “Wow! Its your lucky day!” Now, whenever the two littlest have money, they refer to the coins as their lucky days. More interesting to me than you, sorry. 🙂
6. I’m an a mission from God. Or Peter Walsh. Or Julie Morgenstern. Regardless, I’m in hot pursuit of order and minimalism in the house, and I hit up the master bath this week while the littles were splashing in the tub. Two trash cans an a bucket of “this crap doesn’t belong in here” later and my bathroom is practically empty and I’m loving it. Seriously. I’m operating under the “beachouse mentality”, where you find things are far more organized and cleaned up when you’re on vacation because you don’t bring the whole stinking household with you. More coming, I promise.
7. I’m going to have to keep a list during the week. I can’t think of anything.
Have a great weekend, friends! Enjoy the warmth because from what I understand, hell is freezing over next week and we’ll get to feel it.
3. Because God is good and merciful, temps are expected to reach a balmy 50 degrees today in these here parts. I fully expect the kids to don their bathing suits and have a water fight in the front yard.