This is totally going to have to be a “catch ’em up on the week”, last minute kinda deal. Hang on!
1. On Saturday, we got guiea pigs! Friends of ours from Church had two that they wanted to find another home for, and we were the lucky winners.
Okay, so Sprinkle and Ariel don’t look exactly like this (they’re dark brown and white), but they’re warming up to us. Its kinda ironic, really. They were given to us because the other family felt they couldn’t give them the attention they needed, and the poor little pigges now have, amongst others, a 2 yo, a 4 yo and a 6 yo as their “care givers.” They hide from us. Except the Hubs, who is the only one in the fam with actual “pet experience.”
2. The week started off with a bang, or rather a “OHMYGOSH!” I signed up to lead the Lenten retreat for the Kindergarten/1st grade group of our homeschool group back last summer, before I was pregnant or realizing that I was planning to declutter my entire house right now. Needless to say, it kept slipping my mind.
Two days before, I sent up a prayer, and I’m telling you, the Good Lord gave me the retreat. It just came. It was awesome. My assistant was a gigantic help, and took over all the cutting since my carpal tunnel keeps giving me “claw hands.” It was going well. So well!……. Too…. Well…..
9:30 the night before the retreat, I started realizing that I had missed emails from moms signing their kids up for the retreat. By midnight, the extra ten were accounted for, and I had a list of things to run to the store to get before everyone work up in the morning. Lesson– even if God hands you something on a silver platter, you’re going to have to clean the platter, and it won’t be pretty.
3. Then, the stomach bug hit the family. Four of the kids have gotten it, and I”m reeeealy hoping we’re almost done with this.
Just the other day, the Hubs was talking about how busy our weekend was, and next thing I knew I was cancelling things left and right. Most unfortunatley, this included a date night with the Hubs that we haven’t had in ages, so I’m a little bummed, but I know, I know… all in good time.
4. So. The Weather. I’ll stop complaining about it…. in a minute. Its warm, its cold, its monsoon-windy, its normal….. and I think its supposed to snow on Monday?
5. I’m still plugging along on my “40 Bags in 40 Days” challenge, and after
gutting organizing the schoolroom today, I’m now up to 11 bags (wahoo!!).
I waffle between “well, we really could use this thing no one has picked up to use in three years” and “7 is too many pairs of underwear, get rid of 5.” Whenever I find myself leaning to the former, I take a break and come back so that I’m leaning more towards the latter. The back of the house (family room, kitchen, learning room) are looking pretty good right now, but the front of the house looks a bit like we were robbed.
6. Did I mention the carpal tunnel? Its amazing how quickly one forgets what comes with being preggers.
Those women who didn’t know they were pregnant? Really? How?
7. And because seven is too big a number for me to ever strive for in a Quick Takes, I’m heading off to bed.
Head over to Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!