1. We have our first mouse in the house. This isn’t new territory for us, no sir, as we did have a couple of run ins with mice in the old house. When I saw this little guy run through the kitchen this morning, I did, however, yell “We’ve got a mouse!” loud enough for the Hubs to hear down the hall. I was pretty sure he replied, “It’s about time!” but when I went to his office to see if he REALLY said that, I was quite happy to hear that he didn’t. He did, however, snark that the mouse had plenty to eat.
I for one am glad that a)I’m not seeing things and b)the place isn’t haunted. I mentioned this to The Hubs and he replied, “Nope, just infested.”
2. Never missing a beat in her quest for feline companionship, Katie got a big, beautiful smile across her face this morning when she came down for breakfast and I told her about our newest pet.
“You know, you don’t have to set a cat!” she pointed out.
3. I played house with Lilly today which was really a very interesting study in behavior. Really, she’s mimicking me (nooooo pressure there!), from spooning out Lincoln Logs into 17 different cups (it does seem that way!) to the washing of the dishes. This was my favorite part. She stood there, at her play kitchen, for a good ten minutes, and boy hardy did I recognize someone there. She used WAY too much pretend soap as she meticulously washed her dishes, stood with her weight on one leg with her hip jutted out (every chiropractor’s worst nightmare) and punctured the silence of her diligent work with a long, yet pointed sigh at one point. Poor thing didn’t understand what I found so unbelievably hysterical.
4. We’re having some serious, gale force Mary Poppins freaking wind out there. You know how wind occurs when cold air meets warm air? Well, apparently the 35 degree weather is “warm” in comparison to the 5 tiny degrees its going to be on Sunday, and we’ll see if I even decide to leave the house. Mass is going to be tough. Right now, though, I’m wondering what kind of mettle this house is made of and I keep re-asking the Hubs about the state of the trees outside despite his reassuring words that “anything that looks like it might fall will surely fall on the neighbors first.” And with that I’ll sleep well tonight.
5. Wow. I just blogged about the weather. I am so sorry.
6. I went to my first HOA meeting tonight for the ‘hood, and really, there’s nothing interesting to say. I did, however, take some time to hit up Walgreens on the way home (pro tip: that’s where you find Victor brand mousetraps), and eight traps, several office supplies, six Valentine’s candies and a new Burt’s Bees lip shimmer later (love these!!!), I arrived home just in time to stash the Valentine’s treats and say hi to the fam as they got back from Sea Scouts. Of course, the boys went right to the traps, and at one point I heard a “Snap- OW!” from Alex.
“What are you doing?” I asked, not sure if I wanted an answer.
“I’m trying to launch a clementine,” he replied, with the citrus at his feet.
Ever the engineer, he is.
7. I am super excited because we have friends coming over for dinner tomorrow night! These are friends we haven’t seen since our oldest kids were the ages of our youngest kids, so its going to be all kinds of wonderful to see them. I’m so glad I’m done with my Whole 4.
Enjoy your weekend, and for goodness sake, stay out of the cold!!!